- VIRAL Conjunctivitis or EYE FLU is spreading throughout Gujarat rapidly and we have to protect ourselves from it and also control its spread.
TIPS TO PREVENT EYE FLU
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Do not touch or rub your eyes.
THINGS TO DO IF YOU HAVE EYE FLU
- SEE AN EYE SPECIALIST IMMEDIATELY TO START APPROPRIATE EYE DROPS.
DO NOT START EYE DROPS TAKEN WITHOUT Doctor’s PRESCRIPTION FROM A CHEMIST as they may contain steroids and which can cause further problems.
- Wash your hands frequently throughout the day.
- Keep your towels, handkerchiefs, bedsheets separate to avoid any family member from getting infection.
- Avoid touching your eyes during conjunctivitis.
- Eye Flu does not spread by looking into someone’s eyes, but it’s a good idea to wear sunglasses to prevent touching your eyes and comfort from sun , dust etc.
- Discontinue contact lenses use immediately.
- Avoid swimming if you have Conjunctivitis.
- Excessive watering should be cleaned with tissue and tissues should be discarded.
- There should be no sharing of eye drops amongst family members.
- Avoid going to public places during conjunctivitis.
- Consult an Eye Specialist /Ophthalmologist if you have decrease in vision, discharge or increase in swelling while taking any medicine for conjunctivitis.
Please Note that these are general precautions to be taken for eye flu/ viral conjunctivitis and are issued in public interest , a pink eye can be caused by other infections eye problems as well and the best treatment can be judged by your eye specialist/ ophthalmologist only. Do not use these guidelines for self treatment.